Monday, January 12, 2009

Tulie Bakery!


Speaking of pastries and addictions, Tulie opened this Fall. A mere three blocks from our house. A short enough distance that I might actually walk it. And yet not long enough to come close to working off the croissants and shortbread that I can't stop eating. Oh well. I only discovered it for myself a couple weeks ago. I keep dragging people back.


I am no bakery expert. Someone can help me here, but I know of no tastier, more authentic, accessible patisserie in Salt Lake. It is bright and lovely. There are far too many choices. Which just gives me more reason to return. They pull a decent shot. And so far my experience is that the service is relaxed, helpful and warm.


I fell in love with something called a Morning Bun from Boulange in San Francisco and wrote a bit about it here. Maybe there is a planet (France?) that boasts such things on every corner like ward houses. But there was a time that I had no idea any thing like that would exist in one place, yet alone in more than one place. So, when I had my first Tulie Morning Roll, I got a little teary eyed as if I had finally come home after a long, arduous, painful journey which you thought would never end but then ended in a big bite of delicious love, butter and orange. THREE BLOCKS FROM MY HOUSE!


My New Years resolution so easily and eagerly switched from "lose ten pounds" to "eat more pastries!" Life is short. (Three blocks from my house). I suggest you stop by SOON, and if you're lucky you'll get the added bonus of meeting (and chasing) adorable four-year-old Jack.

3 comments:

Finn and Tracey Family said...

i WANT to go!!!

Stephanie said...

Three blocks away? Oh you lucky, lucky girl.

Stephanie said...

P.S. We used to eat at the Boulange often too. We lived just a few blocks down from the Polk location. I miss it a lot too :(

But, thank heavens we have Tulie and Les Madeleines--both are heaven in Salt Lake for me!