Sunday, October 12, 2008

Apple Harvest


Dear Alexis, a second-year resident, let me invite myself to her house for her apple harvest. People still do things like this. Her darling mother even came in from Vegas for it. (I want to be this kind of mom to Scout - showing up for apple harvest, stocking her kitchen with Costco goodies). It was a delicious joy to be a part of it.


Scout and Honey welcome. Scout lining up Alexis's beanie babies. Honey wrestling in the yard with Claudia. House smelling of cinnamon. Apple butter reducing in the crock pot. Peeling, cutting apples together. Apples for dehydrating, pies, applesauce and canning.




I scored some apples of my own. Will soon be baking my own treat.

Have a long list of things I am anxious to create... galette, cupcake bites, cheese cupcakes AND apple-something. Stay tuned.

Went to Gygi's yesterday too. The Lowe's for bakers. Its all I can do to keep from peeing on myself when I walk in. It takes my breath away. Went for food decorating pens, came out on the verge of tears, knowing Mike was going to KILL me, $80 later. All I said when I got home was this: "Please don't be mad. You have skiing." He hugged me.

Thank you Alexis, Justin, Alexis's mom, Claudia! (And, Mike!)

No comments: