This cake probably began my love of the love you get for bringing baked goods to work. This recipe was gifted to me by sweet Sister Jen Datwyler, who probably got it at her Relief Society Meeting, and may have been handed down from Brigham's sister-wives for all I know. At any rate, it is genius.
Yesterday, a psychologist at work asked me if I ever make the same recipe twice. Boy, does he have my number. Its always off to the next great recipe. Chasing the dragon. But I have probably made this cake at least a hundred times. It is sinfully easy and sinfully tasty. Now that I bake "real" cakes, I can definitely taste Betty Crocker's preservative/unnatural ingredients. But, so what. Perfect for last minute or handing off to people with real lives.
My sister Deborah left a voicemail asking for the Evil Chocolate Cake recipe. I think she must have meant this one, although as you can see from the blog, I have been making lots of "evil" chocolate cakes lately. Deb, take your pick...
Cobin's Chocolate Cake
Erinn's Chocolate Cake
And lots of luck with Patrick tonight!! (Remember who you are).
Evil Chocolate Cake
1 Chocolate Fudge cake mix
1 large box Chocolate Fudge instant pudding mix
1 bag of chocolate chips
4 eggs
1/2 pint sour cream
1/2 cup hot water (or coffee)
1/2 cup oil
Preheat at 350. Mix together. Put in greased bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Devour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment