Monday, February 16, 2009

Iron Cupcake: Coffee

Now HERE is a secret ingredient. This was fun for me. While I adore Americanos (boring, I know), my husband is addicted to Hazelnut Lattes. Too girly for me. But much more interesting. Easy to adapt. This one is for Mike...

Hazelnut Latte Cupcakes
2 c. flour
1/2 c. turbinado sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/8 t. salt
1/4 c. hazelnut syrup (such as Monin)
3/4 c. coffee, room temp
1 T. instant espresso powder
8 T. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg

Preheat at 400. Mix dry. Mix wet. Mix together. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool.
Top with lightly whipped, VERY lightly sweetened whipping cream.

I mixed a little coffee, instant espresso powder and chocolate syrup together to make the "latte art".


We ate them with a spoon. They turned out very light in texture and taste, not too sweet, just the right hint of hazelnut and the coffee was not too overpowering. They turned out exactly as I had hoped. Everyone was crazy about them. I will definitely make them again.


As always, I am competing to win some very fabulous prizes:

ETSY PRIZE-PACK from artists...
DIANAEVANS
LOTS OF SPRINKLES
CAKESPY

Plus...
As an added bonus for February, SWEET CUPPIN CAKES BAKERY AND CUPCAKERY SUPPLY will be tossing in a variety of cupcaking supplies.

Last and certainly not least, the corporate prize providers... HEAD CHEFS by FIESTA PRODUCTS, HELLO CUPCAKE by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, JESSIE STEELE APRONS, the CUPCAKE COURIER, TASTE OF HOME books andUPWITHCUPCAKES.COM

And, Iron Cupcake:Earth is sponsored in part by 1-800-Flowers.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!...
Voting will begin no later than Sunday, March 1 at 8 p.m. at NO ONE PUTS CUPCAKE IN A CORNER, and will be open through March 6 at noon.

Winner will be posted the night of March 6, before 11:59 p.m.

GO to the IronCupcake:Earth cuphub to become a part of the excitement.

Check out cupcakes and prizes on Flikr as well.

THANKS!